Sunday, March 10, 2013

What Happens in Pampanga, STAYS in Pampanga


First, I’d like to say sorry for posting this a bit too late. Well, being late is better than never, right? :D  I just thought that this trip deserves nothing but a great blog entry. So I took my Saturday rest day to come up with something not as great as I wanted, but something that would somehow describe one of the best trips in my life, ever!

Strange people to a totally strange place with nothing but hopes and excitement, this trip is a hell of a total adventure! The four of us: Nona, Faith (who filed a leave), Che (the ambushed girl), and I traveled from South to North to witness the 18th Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta in Pampanga.  


We were in the most perfect spot to witness the event of everything that flies. Having said the perfect spot, we didn’t let other people to get in our spot so we stayed there the entire day and enjoy everything under the sun. Literally, under the sun! Hahaha! Good thing we’re all girlscouts and we all have umbrellas. Also, thanks to Faith’s BB Cream for the SPF 30+. Good job!


Let me share you some of the highlights of PIHABF (On its last day):


Planes entertain us almost 60% of the day. Hahaha! Activities include: Paragliding exhibition, Meynard Halili Aerobatic Exhibition, Light Aircraft Balloon Bursting Competition, Radio Controlled Model Aircraft Exhibition, Microlight Aircraft Formation, German Glider Flight, Airplane Banner Towing Exhibition and many more!




Car Drifting Demonstration in which Che became a part of. The host chose her to be one of the lucky audience to experience car drifting.  Saraaap! 






Uhhhh.  I miss Pampanga everytime I see these pictures of cute hot air balloons. Cute yet huge hot air balloons. Hahaha! Palakpakan sa naka-imbento sa bagay na ito!


Thanks ko Jerome Lauron for the photos.
Insert heart-shaped eyes on here. Hahaha! This is the highlight of my day! Our day, I mean. The Breitling Jet Team Aerobatic Exhibition! It’s their first time in Asia, first in the Philippines. Oha! I’ve never seen in my entire life, as great as their performance. Call me exaggerated, but it’s true. GREAT. FANTASTIC. SPECTACULAR. AWESOME. BREATHTAKING. AMAZING. Uhh, I’m running out of adjectives na! Hahaha!

Here’s the video of their exhibition:

The teary-eyed moment on their performance is when the leader, Jacques Bothlelin (I google-d his name, fan na fan lang!), say thank you via phone patch while they’re still on air. Hahahay. I’m in love with pilots. Idoooool!!!!





The day and also the event ended with a blast. They set all the hot air balloons, aired it up for the last time. Fantastic! Our eyes are rejoicing and our hearts are filled with joy seeing those balloons in front of us. Then a super bonggang fireworks display lighted up the sky! GOOSEBUMPSSSSS!

Things I learned in this trip:
  • 1.     If there’s a will, there’s a way
  • 2.     Take every risk, everything is going to be worth it of your courage
  • 3.     There are 26 letters in the English alphabet, if plan A didn’t work, there’s plan B to Z!



###








No comments:

Post a Comment