Monday, February 25, 2013

LPU-L Founder’s Lecture


February 19, 2013 | LPU-L | First time

Just last week, I attended my first ever speaking engagement in my Alma Mater, Lyceum, with the theme: Teroy: His Life & his Legacies. Aside from me, Kuya JP Seño is also invited to become a speaker.

When Sarah invited me to become a speaker, I asked myself. Why me? Am I credible enough to become a speaker? Questions like those popped in my mind. But when she said the topic that I’ll be sharing, there comes my excitement. Excitement to share what have I learned in my four years of stay in Lyceum. Excitement to share how I have changed since Lyceum has become my second home. And that, I said Yes right away. At ayun na nga!

I actually have a guide to make my speech less nerve-wracking .I printed it out so that I can read it in case I run out of ideas. But with all the tension and pressure, I forgot, or I guess didn’t care on my printed guide. Instead, I did the talk, the impromptu way! Kaloka! The good thing in my “impromptu” experience, everything seems to be natural. I speak for my heart and with all my heart. The disadvantage, I can hear myself saying “uhms” every time there is a dull moment. I am sorry Ms. Cel, I promise to limit my “uhms” next time. Hahaha!

The experience is so greeeeeat! The tension, my shaky voice, the pasmadong kamay sa kaba is so worth it. Only Lyceum can give me this feeling. Hahaha! Thank you! Thank you for the superb experience!

BTW, sharing you are some of my “solo” / pa “vain” photos this morning.


c/o Sarah D.
###



1 comment: