Monday, October 31, 2011

Living in the corporate world of Leo Burnett

October 25, 2011, Tuesday. While some of our classmates are enjoying their vacation, I together with Rendell and ate Nikki were excited for our first day as interns in Leo Burnett Philippines. We call our team, Leo’s Angels. Hahaha!

Our first day is indeed a very good day! Everything’s new! New environment, new way of living. The fact that we’re all away from our home made us all independent. Since we’re not familiar with Makati, we took taxi for us to reached our office smoothly. Janan! We were 30minutes ahead of our call time! What a good start, Leo’s angels! Haha! We were introduced to the employees and to our bosses. Exciting! And there, our busy life as interns started.

Based on what I experienced from our first week as interns, It was really kinda hard to adjust especially with the other employees. Many are really nice and there are few who’s not. Anyways, I expected that. Some are easy to get along with while some are snob. We we’re the youngest group of people there that’s why there is a difference in terms of maturity. As much as possible, I wanted all of the people in our department to be close with me. But I know that’s something impossible. Haha! Nevertheless, I am giving in my super bestest effort to make new friends there. Hopefully. :)

Now that I realized that real world is far different from the real world that I imagined. It’s a lot complicated. There’s something more in the so-called real world. In a simple way that people dresses makes a difference. The way they carry themselves with so much confidence makes a difference. The way they speak makes a difference. They don’t do trash talks, most of the time what I heard from the employees in Leo Burnett is all about serious matters, matured matters. Their sense of humor is also different, a lot different.
Real world is more on how can someone control himself/herself and be able to stand despite the changes and influence that go along your way. It’s more being practical. It’s more on being competitive. It’s more on material things (that’s what I noticed), and if not for the passion, it’s for the money. Well, like what I’ve mentioned, real world is more than this. A lot more than this.

Here’s our picture during our first day in work:

So far, I am enjoying my stay in Leo Burnett. Leggo! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment